Definitions of Solid Waste
- Garbage – This includes kitchen and table wastes.
- Rubbish – This includes normally discarded household materials and items other than garbage.
- Wood – This includes branches, brush, and tree limbs.
- Appliances – This includes stoves, refrigerators, air conditioners, and hot water heaters.
- Paint – We do accept empty paint cans. We also will take paint that is not in liquid form. We accept cans of latex paint that have been opened and are dried up. Oil-based paint needs to be painted on cardboard or wood, or have kitty litter poured into it to dry it up.
If you have any questions or problems with solid waste collection, please contact the Public Works Department at (605) 626-7010.