Components to Stormwater Management
The City of Aberdeen is working on the following components to management of stormwater quality.
Erosion and Sediment Control
The Environmental Protection Agency
has implemented rules through the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources
(SDDENR) to improve water quality by requiring the following items:
- Phase II Stormwater Requirements – View a presentation explaining the minimum measures.
- Education - Download an informational brochure explaining the effects of stormwater runoff and associated pollution.
- Best Management Practices – A copy of best management practices for stormwater quality is available from the Engineering Department in City Hall, located at 123 South Lincoln Street.
- Ordinance - View the city ordinance enacted by the City Council on February 25, 2008.
Moccasin Creek Improvements
Impairments to the creek have created a need to take a closer look at what can be done to improve area water quality and associated aesthetics. The following studies have been performed to identify the problems associated with water quality and its corresponding improvement
- Study by South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources (SDDENR) - Download the Study by SDDENR (8.97 MB PDF).
- Study by Westwood - A study performed by Westwood and accomplished through a partnership with many local entities is available for review at City Hall, located at 123 South Lincoln Street.
For more information regarding stormwater, please contact the Public Works office at (605) 626-7010.