From Minecraft to Retro Video Games
All area kids ages 11-16 are invited to the Alexander Mitchell Public Library to participate in a variety of technology activities during Teen Tech Week, March 9-15th. Monday – Friday beginning at 3:30-5:30 PM there will be free activities that will test your technology and gaming skills. No registration required. Teens can participate in all the activities or just one. Some activities will have prizes and snacks.
Teen Tech Week Schedule is as follows:
- Minecraft Monday: This event will go until 6PM. Everyone needs their own account before Monday. Create and build. Tournament time will be from 4-5:30 PM. Judged on most creative environment. Snacks provided. No Registration.
- N00batron (pronounced new) Tuesday: King of the Nerds style obstacle course that will task your physical and intellectual abilities. Team races and games. Prizes given.
- Wii Wednesday: Casual Wii gaming day. Just a time to hang out with friends.
- Throwback Thursday: Test your gaming skills with old consoles and games. Nintendo, Sega, etc. Also life size board games.
- Funday Friday: A little bit of everyone from the week. Casual game play.
Teen Tech Week is when libraries make the time to showcase all of the great non-print resources and services that are available to teens and their families. The Public Library gives to the community by offering teens a space to extend learning beyond the classroom where they can explore, create and share content. Learning through fun activities increases a teen’s digital literacy and enables them to learn through group interaction.