Tips for Younger Children
Safety Tips for Younger Children
Can you answer yes to each of these questions?
- I know my name, address, telephone number, and my parents' names.
- I always check first with my parents or the person in charge. I tell them before I go anywhere or get into a car, even with someone I know.
- I always check first with my parents or a trusted adult before I accept anything from anyone, even from someone I know.
- I always take a friend with me when I go places or play outside.
- I say no if someone tries to touch me or treat me in a way that makes me feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused.
- It’s okay to say no, and I know that there will always be someone who can help me.
- I know that I can tell my parents or a trusted adult if I feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused.
- I am strong, smart, and have the right to be safe.
For more information, please contact the Aberdeen Police Department at (605) 626-7911. If this is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.