Various licenses required within the city may be obtained at the Auditors Division of the Finance office. Applications may be obtained from City Hall, located at 123 South Lincoln Street, for the following items:
  • Residential Building Contractors
  • Plumbers
  • Water & Sewer Contractors
  • Excavators
  • Sidewalk Contractors
  • Sign Hangers (Installers)
  • Day care providers
  • Mobile home parks
  • Taxicab drivers
  • Alcohol

Approval Process

The approval process varies for different types of licenses. If you have any questions, please contact the Finance office at 605-626-7023.

Licenses for Pets & Bicycles

Pet and bike licenses may be obtained at the treasurer's office in City Hall. Pet licenses require current vaccination information.