Burn Permits

Burn Permits

Open or controlled burning is generally prohibited within corporate city limits. Application or notification is preferred at least 48 hours in advance. Permits are issued within the one-mile territorial jurisdiction limits of the Aberdeen corporate limits, and can be issued beyond city limits if the individual wishes to pick-up the permit in person.

Pyrotechnic Permits

Public firework displays, like pyrotechnics before a proximate audience, include concerts, special events, theatrical settings, and movies. Application for a permit is required a minimum of 45 days in advance. There are currently no fees for obtaining this permit.

For More Information

If you have any questions, please contact the Fire & Life Safety Division at 605-626-7024.