How do I get a copy of a police report?

To request a copy of a police report, please first fill out and submit the Public Record Request Form to the Records Office which is available on our website under "Forms" or at our office.  The Records Office will forward your request for reports to the City Attorney for approval for release.  No reports can be released for any open and active cases.  If your case involves a current arrest or was recently sent to the State’s Attorney’s Office, you may need to contact the State’s Attorney’s Office at (605) 626-7130.  
To obtain a copy of a vehicle accident report, please call Accident Records at (605) 626-7059.  If you have questions regarding release of records, you may call the Records Office at (605) 626-7060.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a curfew in Aberdeen?
2. Where is the courthouse?
3. Where do I register my bike?
4. Does the Aberdeen Police Department hold police auctions?
5. Does the Aberdeen Police Department have a lost and found?
6. Where do I license my pet?
7. How can I request our street be closed for a block party?
8. Who do I contact regarding an officer’s actions?
9. Is it legal to use fireworks within Aberdeen city limits?
10. How can I ride along with an Aberdeen Police Department officer?
11. How do I get a copy of a police report?
12. Where can I be fingerprinted?
13. How do I request a presentation by a police officer?
14. Can I get an Aberdeen Police patch for my collection?
15. How long do I have to shovel my sidewalk after a snowfall?
16. Is it legal to shovel, blow, or blade snow into the street?
17. How can I find out about street sweeping schedules for my area?
18. How can I find out if and when snow removal will be taking place?